What personal information do we collect?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, interests or other details to optimize your user experience.
When do we collect information?
- During registration: We require Members to give certain contact information (full name, email, age, gender, city and country). MyPointSaver’s Member program is available only to persons who are eighteen years of age and over. Anybody under 18 will have their account closed. MyPointSaver will not be liable for any content or advertisements viewed by minors in violation of the terms of this agreement.
- At log-in: The server automatically recognizes you by your cookie, which acts as a unique identifier allowing us to personalize the website to your specified interests. If you log-in via a third party service like Facebook or Google, we will access certain identifiable information that is permitted by your privacy settings with these third party services.
- At any moment: We may retrieve information from your browser (such as browser type, platform, referrer URL). In addition, we collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you access our services, depending on the permissions you have granted. Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers. Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address. We also use third-party cookies and tracking pixels to measure page views on both the Website and advertisers’ websites and emails.
- During transactions: MyPointSaver will capture and store your transactional details in order to credit points (“Points”) for purchases and adjust your account balance in the event of returns and exchanges.
- Filling out profile forms: We request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these forms is completely voluntary, and includes information related to lifestyle, demographic, and product interests.
How we use your information?
- To personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content, ads and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To quickly process your transactions to third party vendors. If you purchase a product or service from a third party, you are consenting to our delivery of transaction information to that party. We do not control these third parties and you agree that MyPointSaver is not liable for their acts or activities that occur on their websites.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Although we house our data in Canada, it is possible that some of our data processing may occur outside of Canada. By using our site, you consent to this transfer of your personal data.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and only accessible by limited personnel who have special access rights. In addition, all sensitive and credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Third party links
We may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. We use analytics services provided by third parties such as Google Analytics. This information is transmitted to and stored by our analytics providers, who will use this information to compile reports on website activity. These providers may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
Data verification involves the use of third-party data processing services to standardize your provided enrollment information. We might send your information to data processors in order to clean your address and ensure its up-to-date.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not allow users under 18 years of age. When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify the users via email and site notification within 7 business days.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
MyPointSaver.com, 40 Sheppard’s Glen Ave, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada